Micro:bit getting started
- Handout: Micro:bit getting started with MakeCode plus connecting external motors, LEDs, & speakers/headphones (PDF)
- Gary Stager’s micro:bit project starter Ideas
- Scratch (project) Cards for micro:bit (PPT format) (PDF format)
Micro:bit software options
Microsoft MakeCode programming environment for all devices
- Firmware (.HEX file) for using the micro:bit with Scratch
More micro:bit resources
Micro:bit and micro:bit add-on board suppliers and vendors
- Sparkfun Electronics – Specializes in hobbyist electronic components, tools, and kits. Sparkfun micro:bit boards and add-ons. Ask for educator discounts.
- Adafruit – Unique and Fun DIY Electronics and Kits. Check the Young Engineers section for selections that are whimsical and fun. Ask for educator discounts.
- Robotshop – All your robot needs in one place. Robots for home, school, and professional use, plus drones, wearable technology, kits, toys, parts, and apps.
- PiMoroni – “Tech Treasures” abound from this UK based vendor for Raspberry Pi, micro:bit, and other microcontrollers, plus kits, accessories, and tools. The name? It stands for Pirate-Monkey-Robot-Ninja, of course.
- Kitronik – Makes and sells electronic project kits for micro:bit, e-textiles, robotics, and other maker needs. UK-based.
- (Australia) Education Technology Specialists. Micro:bits, add-on boards, and related products.
Hummingbird Bit Robotics
- Hummingbird Bit Web Site
- The Invent to Learn Quickstart Guide to the Hummingbird Bit Robotics Kit
- Super cool Hummingbird Bit mechanism and robot construction ideas
- Hummingbird Bit Curricular Project Ideas
Software for Hummingbird Bit
- Tutorials for using the Hummingbird Bit with MakeCode
- Microsoft MakeCode for the Hummingbird Bit (direct link – otherwise add Hummingbird via Extensions)
- Tutorials for using Snap! with the Hummingbird Bit
Download the Bluebird Connector
Hummingbird project ideas
Tutorials for using multiple Hummingbird Bits or micro:bits with a Hummingbird Bit, including cool ideas for a rover and calibrating the compass.
A New Block-based Programming Environment (Alpha version – try it out!)
MicroBlocks programming environment
The micro:bit Matters – a guide to understanding the micro:bit