October is Connected Educator Month!
The US Department of Education is sponsoring the second annual Connected Educator Month (CEM). There will be online events all month for educators to connect and collaborate! The Connected Educator website has all the details.
Invent To Learn is going to be a part of the CEM Book Club! Find out more about that here.
CEM Kickoff Panels Announced
The Connected Educator Month kickoff is set, with six highly interactive, participatory, thought-provoking panels on the six key CEM 2013 themes that will jump-start discussions and actions in the month ahead. Here’s the schedule at a glance:
- October 1, 3-4:30 PM ET — Connected Leadership
- October 1, 5-6:30 PM ET — From Connection To Collaboration
- October 1, 9-10:30 PM ET — Innovating STEM & Literacy
- October 2, 5-6:30 PM ET — Making It Count: Integrating Informal and Formal PD
- October 2, 7-8:30 PM ET — Personalized Learning
- October 2, 9-10:30 PM ET — 21st Century Classroom Management
Panelists, moderators, and facilitators will include Don Buckley, Al Byers, Darren Cambridge, Tom Carroll, Kathy Cassidy, Sam Chaudhary, Jeanne Century, Candice Dodson, Elyse Eidman-Aadahl, Steve Hargadon, Chris Lehmann, Scott McLeod, Pam Moran, Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach, Kecia Ray, Sir Ken Robinson, Eric Sheninger, David Warlick, Kent Williamson, Jessie Wooley Wilson, Connie Yowell, and more. We’ll be giving you more details about each of these panels over the next three days–plus two other special opening events (the gaps you might have noticed in the schedule above). You can sign up to attend via the link below–we hope to see all of you there!