Resources: Videos Everyone Will Love
Fun and inspirational videos about making
- The Story of Caine’s Arcade – The video of Caine Munro and his cardboard arcade has inspired millions of people around the world to be more playful and creative.
- Why I LOVE My 3D Printer (and you will too!) – A passionate talk by 10 year old Schuyler St. Leger.
- Made with Code – Google created this site to inspire girls to learn code. The videos are the best part, found in the “Mentor” section.
- Students Use 3D Printing to Reconstruct Dinosaurs – At the American Museum of Natural History, high school students reconstruct dinosaurs and learn to think like paleontologists.
- Joey Hudy Goes to the White House – Joey Hudy is a young maker and entrepreneur who surprised President Obama with a homemade marshmallow cannon in the White House.
- We Are Makers – This 16 minute inspirational video showcases educators, artists, and business people talking about the maker movement and sharing their creative uses of technology.
- Learnable Programming: Blocks and Beyond – This short, compelling video by a computer scientist made by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) makes the case for block programming.