- Bare (conductive) Paint – Paint pens and interactive card kits. This is a UK-based company; some of their materials are available at ThinkGeek and Amazon.
- CircuitWriter Precision Pen – Draw electrical “wires” to create circuits on paper.
- Bare Conductive Paint Pen – Conductive paint in a pen form.
- Tapagami – Tapigami is an art form using masking tape created by Danny Scheible.
- Sugru – Miraculous shapeable air-cured rubber, because “the future needs fixing!“
- Squishy Circuits – The home of all things related to Squishy Circuits
- Squishy Circuits Store – Kits of LEDs and other parts that work well with squishy circuits
- Sylvia’s Super-Awesome Maker Show about Squishy Circuits – Super-Awesome Sylvia explains Squishy Circuits to kids of all ages.
- Audacity – Free audio editor and recorder software. This is a must have!
- Tech4Learning – Kid-friendly art, animation, publishing and creativity software for schools.
- HyperStudio – Multimedia authoring, video editing, interactive web and iBooks publishing, and Arduino programming
- Animationish – Peter Reynolds’ easy-to-use animation program, complete with video tutorials.
- The Story of Caine’s Arcade – Caine Munro and his cardboard arcade have inspired millions of people around the world to be more playful and creative.
- Cardboard automata – Machines made of cardboard
- Rolobox – Wheel sets for cardboard boxes. Great for use with Makedo and other materials.
- Makedo – Wicked cool reusable connectors, hinges and child-safe saws for building cardboard constructions.
Filmmaking and Photography
- Go Pro Cameras – Go Pro Camera – Go Pro has a line of small, sturdy cameras built to strap onto helmets of extreme sports enthusiasts. This also makes them perfect for school projects where you want to put a camera on a robot or a weather balloon. The HERO3 is the latest and most affordable option – accessories are available separately or in more expensive bundles.
- Casey Neistat – Filmmaker Casey Neistat creates incredibly creative short videos using everyday cameras and simple, easy to reproduce production effects.
- Collections of early films on DVD – These collections of early films, including productions by Melies and Edison, should inspire young filmmakers
- 101 Things I Learned in Film School – A terrific easy-to-read book full of helpful tips and tricks for creating compelling videos or films.
- Making Real-Life Videos – A fine guide for teenage filmmakers
- How to Photograph Your Life: Capturing Everyday Moments with Your Camera and Your Heart – This book shows how to capture great photographs by comparing great examples next to terrible ones of the same scene.
- Screenplay: The Foundations of Screenwriting – Syd Field’s bible of screenwriting is a perfect text for high school students.
- Pinhole Cameras: A DIY Guide – By Chris Keeney. A practical guide to making and using pinhole cameras.
- Pics4Learning.com – Database of free, copyright friendly photographs submitted by educators and students around the world.