Resources: Play, Inventors, and Inventing
- Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul – By Stuart Brown
- Great Thinkers Endorse Play – Quotes collected by The Strong
- The Strong – An educational institution in Rochester, NY devoted to the study and exploration of play. The National Museum of play features exhibits, collections, and research, plus the National Toy Hall of Fame and the International Center for the History of Electronic Games.
- American Journal of Play – Peer reviewed but accessible for a wide audience, the journal covers the history, science, and culture of play to increase awareness and understanding of the role of play in learning and human development and the ways in which play illuminates cultural history.
Inventors and Inventing
- Edison Muckers – All about Edison and inventing
- Invent Now – A non-profit that supports invention through contests, camps and hosts the National Inventors Hall of Fame, including an online database of inventors.
- Inventions, Inventors, and Invention Stories – Articles, video, classroom resources, and an audio database of famous inventors and invention from the Smithsonian’s Lemelson Center for the Study of Invention and Innovation.