Resources: Places to Purchase Parts and Supplies
- Sparkfun Electronics – Specializes in hobbyist electronic components, tools, and kits. The website features a project blog, buying guides, and tutorials from soldering to using a breadboard. Ask for educator discounts.
- Adafruit – Unique and Fun DIY Electronics and Kits. Check the Young Engineers section for selections that are whimsical and fun. Ask for educator discounts.
- Maker Shed – Vetted by Make Magazine. Specializes in kits for learners of all ages
- Electronics Goldmine – Extensive supply of cheap electronic parts. Look for deals and bulk purchases, for example, a container of 200 LEDs costs $5.00.
- Digikey – Extensive collection of electronic components. If you can’t find it here, it may not exist!
- Spikenzie Labs – Electronics kits, parts, and Arduinos. Offers a unique acrylic laser cutting service for small size jobs.
- Parallax – Robotics, components, kits, projects and more.
- Lynx Motion – Robots, kits, wheeled and walking robots.
- Inventables – Hardware for fabrication and design
- Jameco Electronics – Another popular source of electronics parts and kits.
- Donor’s Choose – DonorsChoose.org is an online charity. US public school teachers post classroom project requests and people can fund them.
: require_once(/homepages/38/d200775813/htdocs/inventtolearn/wp-content/themes/responsivepro/footer.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /homepages/38/d200775813/htdocs/inventtolearn/wp-includes/template.php
on line 684
: require_once(): Failed opening required '/homepages/38/d200775813/htdocs/inventtolearn/wp-content/themes/responsivepro/footer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php7.0') in /homepages/38/d200775813/htdocs/inventtolearn/wp-includes/template.php
on line 684